Amazon FBA Process - Packaging and Labeling Requirements
As an Amazon seller, the proper mechanisms and Amazon tools are needed (1) to save your time and (2) to focus more on growing your Amazon business. Receiving orders is not enough in itself, you need to fulfill the product delivery process in a complete and error-free manner.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is involved in this situation. Amazon sellers can use FBA service to give Amazon the majority of the delivery-related tasks. FBA platform packs, stores, and delivers products to the point of delivery. In addition, Amazon handles customer related services like returns and refund issues.
Your SKUs must be delivered to Amazon warehouses if you choose the FBA fulfillment option. You can request your manufacturer to ship the items directly to Amazon fulfillment centers, but for a variety of reasons, some Amazon sellers prefer to inspect the products before shipping them to warehouses.
In this situation, you must ship them to the fulfillment facility yourself. Do not forget that you cannot simply place the items in a box and deliver them to Amazon warehouses. Your Amazon items should be packaged properly, labeled before being sent to the Amazon fulfillment centers.
To understand about the labeling and packaging standards for Amazon FBA process, here is our suggestions:
FBA Preparation Process
Amazon FBA preparation procedure involves getting your products ready to ship to the Amazon warehouses. Regarding packing and labeling of your items, Amazon has precise and rather thorough standards. A few of the requirements are category-specific as well, so keep that in mind.
How to get your items ready for Amazon FBA shipping:
- Determine the number of items in your shipments.
- Get your items ready for FBA shipment.
- Put labels on your goods.
- Review your shipments.
- Send your items to the Amazon warehouse.
Items you send to Amazon should include a special FNSKU (Fulfillment Network Stock Keeping Unit) and scannable barcode on each box you submit to Amazon. An internal identification used by the Amazon Fulfillment system is called FNSKU. Each SKU, such as those that differ in size or color, needs to be assigned a unique FNSKU. This aids the marketplace in streamlining the fulfillment procedure and following the progress of goods during delivery.
Every SKU that is delivered to the Amazon fulfillment facility must be properly wrapped in accordance with Amazon's guidelines.
Amazon Packaging requirements:
- Each item must have a distinct FNSKU that matches with your SKU.
- Each product should have readily accessible and scannable outside barcodes.
- All other unrelated scannable barcodes on the outside of the packaging must be covered or removed.
- Fully assembled products must be sent to the Amazon warehouse.
- Items should be safely packaged in individual containers.
- The expiration date of each item must be marked on the label.
- Be aware of the different requirements for products with specific categories.
Amazon FBA Labeling requirements:
- Use newly printed labels and avoid reusing photocopies of barcode labels.
- Set the proper barcode labels sizes without any scan issues.
- Each box must have an FBA box ID label.
- Avoid locating your labels on a box seam or opening.
- Do not locate your FBA box ID label and the shipping label over the edges of your boxes.
- Prevent any cover for your barcode labels.
Use proper tool for resizing Amazon barcode Labels
Another crucial phase is the timely and error-free shipping fulfillment. This could be really unpleasant if the appropriate label resizing tool isn't used. Only basic Product, Box, and Shipping Labels are available on Amazon, which does not support all thermal label sizes. So, we heartily advise using Label Resizer.